Wednesday and we are woofing. Mom has the day off from work so I decided to discuss Remember Me Thursday as it is tomorrow and a very important day.
Remember Me Thursday is a day to honor all pets who never found a loving home, I am one of the blessed and lucky ones to have found one (rescued from the Carlson Shelter).
One of the important ways of spreading the word around about Remember Me Thursday is to draw the attention to those wanting a pet and stop them from buying but instead adopting from a local shelter or rescue organization.
I do not believe in buying a pet, will not do and will fight against the Puppy Mills and other Breeders till all the shelters are empty and all the pets have homes. I have watched over the years how pet owners speak about rescuing but go out and buy for themselves a pure bred dog when they could be going to a pure bred rescue organization to adopt from instead. I thank goodness live in a city where pet stores are not allowed to sell pets but if I know of one, that one would not get my money.
How to get involved with this special day :
01. Find an event near you – there are events being held in California – unfortunately not near me but it is awesome to see that it is happening at :
a. Helen Woodward Animal Center in San Diego
b. The Animal Protectorates in Burbank
c. The Little Lion Foundation, Live Love Animal Rescue, Long Beach Animal Advocates, Helen Sanders CatPAWS in Seal Beach
d. Victor Valley Animal Protective League in Victorville
02. Hold a pet food donation event
03. Educate children about rescue and not buying from a breeder. (I as a teacher have taught all my pupils about rescue and taken some to rescue events)
04. And for me the most important one is to share all over social media to bring awareness to everyone.
05. Be the voice for the orphaned pets
So Layla is calling on everyone to adopt a pet, give them a home, so that they will be one of the lucky ones sleeping in a bed tonight and not in cold shelter with all the noise and stress around them.
So let us shine the light on all the orphan pets in all the shelters and rescues all over the world and help them find a home.
Thank you with a woof and love from