Remember Me Thursday is a day to honor all pets who never found a loving home, I am one of the blessed Dog Moms to have found one (rescued from the Carlson Shelter).
It is a day when the world will share and discuss the importance of pet adoption, and shine a light on all orphan pets waiting in shelters and rescues. We all come from different countries, religions but one thing we all have in common is the fate of the pets in shelters so we need to be their voice.
One of the important ways of spreading the word around about Remember Me Thursday is to draw the attention to those wanting a pet and stop them from buying but instead adopting from a local shelter or rescue organization.
I do not believe in buying a pet, will not do and will fight against the Puppy Mills and other Breeders till all the shelters are empty and all the pets have homes. I have watched over the years how pet owners speak about rescuing but go out and buy for themselves a pure bred dog when they could be going to a pure bred rescue organization to adopt from instead. I thank goodness live in a city where pet stores are not allowed to sell pets but if I know of one, that one would not get my money.
How to get involved with this special day :
01. Find an event near you – there are events being held in California – Helen Woodward Animal Center in San Diego – their event is being held online this year via Zoom.
02. Hold a pet food donation event
03. Educate children about rescue and not buying from a breeder. (I as a teacher have taught all my pupils about rescue and taken some to rescue events)
04. And for me the most important one is to share all over social media to bring awareness to everyone.
05. Be the voice for the orphaned pets
So Layla is calling on everyone to adopt a pet, give them a home, so that they will be one of the lucky ones sleeping in a bed tonight and not in cold shelter with all the noise and stress around them.
We want to say a special thanks to Mike Arms, President and CEO of Helen Woodward Animal Center, for creating this day to draw the attention of the orphaned pets sitting in shelters and by lighting a candle will draw people to their fate of euthanasia.
So let us shine the light on all the orphan pets in all the shelters and rescues all over the world and help them find a home.
Thank you with a woof and love from