TGIF and Woof it is a long weekend. What are your plans ?
Here in the Layla neighborhood we have been taking it slow as Mom has been running around sorting out personal things plus going for interviews for more Hebrew tutoring so it has been a little chaotic.
In between all that she has been trying to take me to the park wherever possible and then grrr she punished me with a bath. I hate them and those should be banished from us plus put on the animal abuse list. Who agrees with me ? I know she says I need them as I roll and get stinky but I like those smells better than the ones from the shampoo which makes me smell fruity.
So Mom and I had a discussion this week about us growing old together. She told me that I need to stay healthy and that is why she took me to the vet on Tuesday for my Bi-Annual check up. She explained to me that she does it also.
Well bless my vet. I have been seeing him for 8 years now, he is so funny also but very serious too. It is the same vet that looked after my sister when she was very ill and passed away, R.I.P. Baby. When Layla arrived from the Shelter he was the vet that checked her for me and I just adore him.
He calls Mom a typical Jewish Mom and I agree with him. She worries about everything and needs to slow down a bit.
The breakdown from the vet visit is like this :
01. I am a very healthy 12 year old girl.
02. I have allergies but he said a lot of the dogs have at the moment so nothing to worry.
03. He wanted to give me a flu shot and Mom said no it is not necessary as there is no flu here in San Francisco at the moment. Mom does not get them either.
04. My cataract on my left eye – I still have some vision so we are not worrying about that and as Mom joked with him she does not have good vision at all in her left eye either – so we are two peas in a pod.
05. Teeth – all good phew.
06. Weight -perfect
These are the changes we discussed as with age adjustments are made :
01. Food – He said the diet I am getting is awesome and the only change there is Mom must stop with apples as it is too much sugar for my teeth.
This is the recipe :
Boil a whole chicken, gizzards, chicken livers with a tbsp of apple cider vinegar, vegetables : carrots, peas, kale, spinach, apples, green beans, brussels sprouts, broccoli, pumpkin or sweet potato, zucchini, cauliflower. When cooked, I cool it down, then shred the chicken without the skin and bones, I make a smoothie of the veggies using the broth as liquid, I mix all together and put in containers and freeze. When I feed her I put these supplements in her food so she has a balanced diet – Raw Paws Organic Hip and Joint Green Lipped Mussel Powder and Raw Paws Organic Sea Kelp Daily Supplement.
This is the website of Raw Paws Pet Food and I swear by their products :
You can also use ground turkey or beef instead of the chicken.
There is a 15% discount with the coupon Layla15
02. He wants me to get more fish oil so Mom is researching at this moment plus we have the Bay Area Pet Fair in two weeks time so Mom said she will see what is going on as there are loads of booths.
03. Hemp Oil – He agrees with Mom giving it to me daily to keep me calm as lately I have become afraid of all kinds of things, part of growing old.
04. Me not wanting to go out at night for my last walk – he said that could be because of my sight and if I do not want to go out then just to leave it. I am very smart telling Mom when I want to go out especially BOL when she is sleeping.
On the way home from the vet Mom popped into Trader Joes and got me some chicken jerky for being such a good girl.
So you all see, age is just a number as I still act like a puppy and full of energy which keeps my old Mother on her toes and I love it.
And now of course is siesta time as the dictating is very hard, I am going to have a snooze while Mom finishes off here. I have also ordered her to see what events there are this weekend so we can do something especially as it is a long weekend.
OY before I start my siesta I want to send prayers to all those that might be hit by the hurricane in Florida, our thoughts are with you and please be safe PLUS do not forget to take your pets with you as they are family.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone, enjoy the quality time with your families and please keep your pets safe.
Woof with love from Layla