Woof to all my friends,
How are you all doing ? Are you keeping your hoomans busy at home and making sure they working and giving you extra hugs and treats ?
Today, April 22 is Earth Day, a very important day and because of the virus and all of us on lock downs the world has changed so much. We can actually learn about this as we see the difference and maybe it is a wake up call to make the earth a healthier better place to live in.
So what has been happening in the world to show it :
01. The air is cleaner and not so polluted so we are finally breathing in clean air which is so much healthier especially for those that suffer from different illnesses.
02. There is less industrial pollution
03. Less litter on the streets and beaches
04. There is less car pollution
05. There is less noise pollution
I have been reading articles from different countries to see how the lock down has caused wild animals to start roaming the streets, here are a few examples :
01. The Marine Life in Hawaii is flourishing https://www.kron4.com/news/national/marine-life-in-hawaii-improving-due-to-lack-of-humans-during-pandemic/?fbclid=IwAR3be4GlQqHhhATdGIzZqzJDff3Gf0Xs1KZdZw_uYP5NPSLsv1b5XmL_St8
02. Penguins have been seen wandering the streets in Cape Town South Africa https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=645862186195238
03. Ostriches have been seen wandering the streets in Cape Town South Africa https://www.capetownetc.com/cape-town/ostrich-patrols-cape-point-during-lockdown/?fbclid=IwAR28takqrBhwotDv9Bk4Hyh6rFkY5sNMGymKWJcFjwScFuMQp08bZaKmy8Y
04. Coyotes have been seen in downtown San Francisco and on the beaches https://www.sfgate.com/living-in-sf/article/Incredible-video-of-coyotes-howling-in-SF-15199551.php?utm_campaign=CMS+Sharing+Tools+%28Desktop%29&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&fbclid=IwAR1h_1E0b0G5E6NVagm-LMgkSQnZCEcHaeLswMG1ndcP1HOaAvZySJUgVGc
05. Jackals have been seen in the enormous park in the center of Tel Aviv, Israel https://www.ynetnews.com/business/article/Hkw8k7Xd8?utm_source=ynetnews.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebook&utm_term=Hkw8k7Xd8&fbclid=IwAR3D2XtFwvSVlLb2-roa93qM2M0C0c4LNyI-OiHHSccmGvxuY5EKeMvizHY
06. A Kudu wandering the streets in South Africa https://www.sapeople.com/2020/04/18/watch-a-kudu-strolls-through-pretoria-during-lockdown/?fbclid=IwAR3pIaHrHRL5nOLSJqyQR4cZX1qtSoMgpK9Z-RSeevmxG7KioqGnPMLGDDg \
07. The new traffic in Italy https://www.facebook.com/carlotta.brandi.9/videos/1458490964354497/UzpfSTM0NjUyNzAzODgzMTcxODoxNTgxNzU4Njg1MzA4NTQx/
08. Wild Boars wandering the streets in Haifa Israel https://www.ynetnews.com/business/article/B1IWSoEuU?fbclid=IwAR01aWKkaR0W0gQzIvUcfFXoO0pRer_Bdm8gGLkTIG3f4c1XAwfdGN64moE&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebook&utm_term=B1IWSoEuU
09. In Eilat. Israel the Ibex have claimed the beachfront (This is my hometown) https://www.ynetnews.com/magazine/article/HkrN7IkvU?fbclid=IwAR1ybmtjLXVXZYR24pet8fQcxNsJOFBioH0zla–AWS7vPwaSglvGODxCcg#autoplay
And that is all I have seen but am so sure there is so much more but what an eye opener is all I can say. It makes me realize how much damage we have done, how much we have messed this earth up and it is time for us to step back and get it right. Who agrees with me ?
I today, to celebrate Earth Day, and the sun shining took Layla for some time in the park, it was beautiful, empty which was even better LOL. I sat there with my coffee relaxing while the Madam did what she does best sleep. A friend then joined us which was great to chat while her lil one joined us also. A great way to spend a couple of hours outdoors. Layla is now sleeping and relaxed.
So on this note, please stay safe, lets all work towards a better healthier earth as we have the chance now.
Woof and Love fromLayla